Tuesday 2 October 2012

Painting course

Just got back from teaching oil painting at Villa Gokcebel in Turkey..... A fantastic time was had and some really good work was produced by 6 complete novices! I shall post pics later, but suffice it to say that I believe everyone can learn to paint and draw really well, with the right encouragement and a few golden rules to follow, although there are no rights or wrongs in painting! That's what gives each artist his own language. I was so proud of my pupils, they were all up and at the canvases before breakfast and worked tirelessly all day! It's also fascinating how each persons character was so clearly visible in their results! That was something that took me by surprise, as I thought I would see a lot of similar work....not a bit of it! There will be another course running soon, and I may do a 4 or 5 day life painting course from a model, run at my studio in Somerset. And Andalusia in Spring, but I will post more details shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment