Monday 23 September 2013

Painting in Baku!

Just got back from Baku! ( yes I had to look it up too, and it's in Azerbaijan, which I also had to look up to see where I was actually going!!)
What a great city, Dubai on Steroids with amazing architecture...Zarah Hadid's new art gallery is a thing of pure beauty...

I haven't done any decorative painting for so many years, but I've decided I'm going to do a bit more from now on, and it's the perfect accompaniment to working on my own in the studio, being part of a team, and yet still being creative was great fun. My job was to paint the wallpaper below... The trouble was I only had 12 days to do it in, so I was relatively (still the perfectionist,) pleased considering the pressure. But I'm going to do more studio based hand painted wallpapers, decorative finishes and never say never, but I could be tempted into doing the odd mural again....it's been 20 yrs! It would have to really inspire me though, to tempt me. Anyway, if anyone hears or needs a one off bespoke piece of highly finished decorative walling or any kind of surface do let me know!


The finished room.... There were another 7 panels! 



A sample detail

No comments:

Post a Comment